Re: Wanted: new project slogan

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Дата
Re: Wanted: new project slogan  (Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com>)
Re: Wanted: new project slogan  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 22:41, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>>> One of the original reasons put forward for us needing to change this is
>>> that other opensource databases are also advanced, and may not like us
>>> calling ourselves the most advanced one.
>>>
>>> What do you think they'll say if we differentiate ourselves by saying
>>> we're the professional one - implicating they're not....
>>
>> Why do we care?
>
> If we don't, then that's not a reason to change. It can't both be a
> reason to change, and then not a reason to change...
>
> (FWIW, I think it's not a reason to change away from what we have now)

I didn't realize that it was the original reason to change, but if it is,
I think its a pretty lame reason ... I thought we were just looking for
something new to 'spice things up' a bit ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Сообщение: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Сообщение: Re: Wanted: new project slogan