Re: Wanted: new project slogan

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 17:53 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> Why do we care?
> >
> > If we don't, then that's not a reason to change. It can't both be a
> > reason to change, and then not a reason to change...
> >
> > (FWIW, I think it's not a reason to change away from what we have now)
>
> I didn't realize that it was the original reason to change, but if it is,
> I think its a pretty lame reason ... I thought we were just looking for
> something new to 'spice things up' a bit ...

Our slogan represents our impression to others. Personally I have no
problem telling everyone that I use the Professionals database (or some
such thing). I don't care that it implies that other databases may not
be.

Others in our community (and I am not saying they are wrong) feel we
should get along.

Both perspectives are valid, it just depends on how we want to get
there. I am more aggressive than most.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

Сообщение: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Сообщение: Re: Wanted: new project slogan