Re: small_cleanups around login event triggers

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: small_cleanups around login event triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 8:21 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 14 Mar 2024, at 02:47, Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net> wrote:
>
> > I was taking a look at the login event triggers work (nice work btw)
>
> Thanks for reviewing committed code, that's something which doesn't happen
> often enough and is much appreciated.
>
> > and saw a couple of minor items that I thought would be worth cleaning
> > up. This is mostly just clarifying the exiting docs and code comments.
>
> +     either in a connection string or configuration file. Alternativly, you can
> This should be "Alternatively" I think.

Yes.

> -     canceling connection in <application>psql</application> wouldn't cancel
> +     canceling a connection in <application>psql</application> will not cancel
> Nitpickery (perhaps motivated by english not being my first language), but
> since psql only deals with one connection I would expect this to read "the
> connection".

My interpretation of this is that "a connection" is more correct
because it could be your connection or someone else's connection (ie,
you are canceling one of many possible connections). Definitely
nitpickery either way.

> - * Returns true iff the lock was acquired.
> + * Returns true if the lock was acquired.
> Using "iff" here is being consistent with the rest of the file (and technically
> correct):
>
> $ grep -c "if the lock was" src/backend/storage/lmgr/lmgr.c
> 1
> $ grep -c "iff the lock was" src/backend/storage/lmgr/lmgr.c
> 5

Ah, yeah, I was pretty focused on the event trigger stuff and didn't
notice it being used elsewhere; thought it was a typo, but I guess
it's meant as shorthand for "if and only if", I wonder how many people
are familiar with that.

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net