Обсуждение: "pg_toast_2772_index" problem

"pg_toast_2772_index" problem

От
"Kathy Lo"
Дата:
When I insert a record into a table using JDBC, I got the following exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index "pg_toast_27722_index"
is not a btree

I am using the following:

Fedora Core 4
Postgresql 8.0.3
Tomcat 5.5.17
JDBC postgresql-8.1.409.jdbc3.jar

The structure of the table is like the following:

one column = bigint, not null, foreign key
about 10 columns = varchar
about 10-15 columns = Text

When I insert a record without values in "Text" columns, OK!
When I insert a record containing values in almost all "Text" columns, FAILED!

--
Kathy Lo

Re: "pg_toast_2772_index" problem

Дата:
"Kathy Lo" <kathy.lo.ky@gmail.com> writes:
> When I insert a record into a table using JDBC, I got the following exception:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index "pg_toast_27722_index"
> is not a btree

You have a data-corruption problem.  If the error shown here is the
*only* issue then you could fix it with REINDEX, but the $64 question
is whether anything else has been corrupted.

> I am using the following:

> Fedora Core 4
> Postgresql 8.0.3
> Tomcat 5.5.17
> JDBC postgresql-8.1.409.jdbc3.jar

I can't speak to Tomcat or JDBC, but Red Hat stopped supporting FC4
quite some time ago, and PG 8.0.3 is ancient also.  You need to update
your software.

            regards, tom lane