Обсуждение: automake

automake

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
How to handle the [tar-ustar] option in configure.ac? I had to remove it
in my setup.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: automake

От
Dave Page

On 9/11/05 8:22 pm, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:

> How to handle the [tar-ustar] option in configure.ac? I had to remove it
> in my setup.

You probably need to upgrade to automake 1.9.6.

When I was packaging 1.4 the other night, I suddenly realised that whoever
added the slony docs ( :-p ), forgot to add them to makefile.am, so they
weren't included in the tarball. Having added them to the makefile, I
rebuilt the tarball only to get errors from tar about three of the slony
docs having too-long filenames, and find that the tarball itself way 12MB
instead of the normal 6!!

The tar-ustar option makes tar work in a mode in which 255 character names
are supported instead of the default 99. A one off upgrade to automake on
the /older/ developer systems seemed far less pain than manually renaming
the slony docs forever more.

Regards, Dave

Re: automake

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> On 9/11/05 8:22 pm, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:
>

>>How to handle the [tar-ustar] option in configure.ac? I had to remove it
>>in my setup.
>

> You probably need to upgrade to automake 1.9.6.
>
> When I was packaging 1.4 the other night, I suddenly realised that whoever
> added the slony docs ( :-p ), forgot to add them to makefile.am, so they
> weren't included in the tarball. Having added them to the makefile, I
> rebuilt the tarball only to get errors from tar about three of the slony
> docs having too-long filenames, and find that the tarball itself way 12MB
> instead of the normal 6!!
>
> The tar-ustar option makes tar work in a mode in which 255 character names
> are supported instead of the default 99. A one off upgrade to automake on
> the /older/ developer systems seemed far less pain than manually renaming
> the slony docs forever more.

Did that, automake works now, but Makefile will have a missing separator
in line 377.

automake-1.9 will claim that *.m4 is created by aclocal-1.4, but
aclocal-1.9 will have throw warnings and automake-1.9 will fail then.
If 1.9 is needed, it should be called explicitely in bootstrap, no?

Current status: can't build on linux.
automake/aclocal are 1.9.6

Regards,
Andreas

Re: automake

От
"Dave Page"

Eh? Do you have both installed in different locations or something? This
works perfectly for me on Slack 10, FC4 and OSX Panther - Florian has
been using it on Tiger as well I believe.

Regards, Dave.

Re: automake

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
No, /usr/bin.
All versions are present, but ./bootstrap relies on aclocal/autoconf to
point to the right versions.

currently, aclocal-1.4 will run (without problem), but automake-1.9 will
claim aclocal version and configure isn't created. aclocal-1.9 won't
run, many errors.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: automake

От
"Dave Page"

Is this OK now (following an svn update)?

Regards, Dave

Re: automake

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I get quite some warnings from aclocal, but after rm -r config* ac*;svn
update I'm workable again.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: automake

От
"Dave Page"

Great. See, that was a lot less painful than renaming Slony docs every
time we update :-)

/D