Re: pgsql: Remove command checks in tests of pg_basebackup and pg_receivewa

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove command checks in tests of pg_basebackup and pg_receivewa
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2022-05-09 Mo 01:28, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Sat, May 07, 2022 at 09:13:48AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Let's do that for now then as we need a middle ground for HEAD.  I'll
>> come up with something at the beginning of next week.
> And here you go as of the attached to show the idea.  The CI is able
> to execute and detect the default commands for lz4, gzip and zstd,
> while one of my boxes without any of those commands would ignore them.
> What do you think?

The system() call should include redirection, since we only case about
the return code.

I would just write this

+    if ($rc != 0)
+    {
+        # Execution of the default command failed, so reset its
+        # environment value.
+        $ENV{$envname} = '';
+        return;
+    }
+
+    # Set the environment to the default as it exists.
+    $ENV{$envname} = $envdefault;
+    return;

as

    $ENV{$envname} = $envdefault if $rc == 0;

There should be no need to set it to the empty string in case if
failure, we already know it's undefined.

Otherwise looks good.

cheers

andrew

--