Re: Track in pg_replication_slots the reason why slots conflict?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Track in pg_replication_slots the reason why slots conflict?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 07:26:56AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2023-12-21 19:55:51 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> We can return int2 value from the function pg_get_replication_slots()
>> and then use that to display a string in the view
>> pg_replication_slots.
>
> I strongly dislike that pattern. It just leads to complicated views - and
> doesn't provide a single benefit that I am aware of. It's much bettter to
> simply populate the text version in pg_get_replication_slots().

I agree that this is a better integration in the view, and that's what
I would do FWIW.

Amit, how much of a problem would it be to do a text->enum mapping
when synchronizing the slots from a primary to a standby?  Sure you
could have a system function that does some of the mapping work, but I
am not sure what's the best integration when it comes to the other
patch.
--
Michael

Вложения