Re: Track in pg_replication_slots the reason why slots conflict?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Track in pg_replication_slots the reason why slots conflict?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-12-21 19:55:51 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 5:05 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > We clearly can't just expose the numerical value for a C enum. So it has to be
> > converted to something SQL representable.
> >

> We can return int2 value from the function pg_get_replication_slots()
> and then use that to display a string in the view
> pg_replication_slots.

I strongly dislike that pattern. It just leads to complicated views - and
doesn't provide a single benefit that I am aware of. It's much bettter to
simply populate the text version in pg_get_replication_slots().

Сообщение: Re: ci: Build standalone INSTALL file
Сообщение: Re: ci: Build standalone INSTALL file