Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, David Hartwig wrote:

> Unfortunately, we do not have a Unix box at the office with a connection
> to the internet.  :( We dial in from or PCs to get the source or to
> update our pages located at out ISP.  I have a Linux box at home and
> have gotten CVSup up.  It would be nice if we had update privileges for
> the ODBC stuff..  Is CVSup capable of granting update privileges to only
> one directory?

    Unfortunately, no...or, more aptly, fortunately, no :)  The best
method, at this time, of doing updates is to submit them as a patch to the
pgsql-patches list...

    Julie, can I leave it in your hands to handle watching for and
committing patches from Byron?  Call me crazy, but I like the thought of
having a "review" of patches going in...and I definitely don't know
Windoze stuff :(  This will at least have a 'third party' reviewing
changes going in...

> Call me crazy, but our goal is to help make PostgreSQL a viable
> alternative in commercial applications.  I hope we can be more of a help
> than a hindrance.

    That's been our goal for the past...damn, almost 2 years now :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org