Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 16:57, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> Is there a command-line tool to verify the syntax of .editorconfig and
> check compliance of existing files?
>
> I'm worried that expanding .editorconfig with detailed per-file rules
> will lead to a lot of mistakes and blind editing, if we don't have
> verification tooling.

I tried this one just now:
https://github.com/editorconfig-checker/editorconfig-checker.javascript

I fixed all the issues by updating my patchset to use "unset" for
insert_final_newline instead of "false".

All other files were already clean, which makes sense because the new
editorconfig rules are exactly the same as gitattributes (which I'm
guessing we are checking in CI/buildfarm). So I don't think it makes
sense to introduce another tool to check the same thing again.

Вложения