Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15.02.24 10:26, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 at 23:19, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>> +1 from me. But when do we want it to be false? That is, why not
>>> declare it true for all file types?
>>
>> Regression test .out files commonly have spaces at the end of the line.  (Not
>> to mention the ECPG .c files but they probably really shouldn't have.)
>
> Attached is v2, which now makes the rules between gitattributes and
> editorconfig completely identical. As well as improving two minor
> things about .gitattributes before doing that.

Is there a command-line tool to verify the syntax of .editorconfig and
check compliance of existing files?

I'm worried that expanding .editorconfig with detailed per-file rules
will lead to a lot of mistakes and blind editing, if we don't have
verification tooling.