Re: Compile warnings in dbcommands.c building with meson

От jian he
Тема Re: Compile warnings in dbcommands.c building with meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 8:03 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2024-Jan-12, jian he wrote:
>
> > I saw it sometimes, sometimes not.
> > Now I think the reason is:
> > it will appear when you do `-Dbuildtype=release`.
> >
> > but it will not occur when I do:
> > `-Dbuildtype=debug`
> >
> > my current meson version is 1.3.1, my ninja version is 1.10.1.
>
> Hmm, but why doesn't it happen for other arguments of get_db_info that
> have pretty much identical code, say src_istemplate?

git at commit 6780b79d5c580586ae6feb37b9c8b8bf33367886 (HEAD ->
master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
the minimum setup that will generate the warning:

meson setup  --reconfigure ${BUILD} \
-Dprefix=${PG_PREFIX} \
-Dpgport=5462 \
-Dbuildtype=release

gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0