Re: Add minimal C example and SQL registration example for custom table access methods.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add minimal C example and SQL registration example for custom table access methods.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 3:03 PM Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 8:29 PM Roberto Mello <roberto.mello@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Suggestion:
> >
> > In the C example you added you mention in the comment:
> >
> > +  /* Methods from TableAmRoutine omitted from example, but all
> > +     non-optional ones must be provided here. */
> >
> > Perhaps you could provide a "see <xyz>" to point the reader finding your example where he could find these
non-optionalmethods he must provide?

> > Nitpicking a little: your patch appears to change more lines than it does, because it added line breaks earlier in
thelines. I would generally avoid that unless there's good reason to do so.

> Hey folks,
>
> There is a previous patch [1] around the same topic. What about joining efforts on pointing these documentation
changesto the proposed test module?

> [1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4588/

Looking over this thread, I see that it was moved from pgsql-docs to
pgsql-hackers while at the same time dropping the original poster from
the Cc list. That seems rather unfortunate. I suspect there's a pretty
good chance that Phil Eaton hasn't seen any of the replies other than
the first one from Paul Jungwirth, which is also the only one that
didn't ask for anything to be changed.

Re-adding Phil. Phil, you should have a look over
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAByiw%2Br%2BCS-ojBDP7Dm%3D9YeOLkZTXVnBmOe_ajK%3Den8C_zB3_g%40mail.gmail.com
and respond to the various emails and probably update the patch
somehow. Note that feature freeze is in 2 weeks, so if we can't reach
agreement on what is to be done here soon, this will have to wait for
the next cycle, or later.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com