Re: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 16 Feb 2024, at 15:49, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> Like, if we did a "crypt-aes", would that be FIPS-compliant?  I don't know.

If I remember my FIPS correct: Only if it used a FIPS certified implementation,
like the one in OpenSSL when the fips provider has been loaded.  The cipher
must be allowed *and* the implementation must be certified.

--
Daniel Gustafsson