RE: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL

От Koshi Shibagaki (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Let me confirm the discussion in threads. I think there are two topics.
1. prohibit the use of ciphers disallowed in FIPS mode at the level of block
cipher (crypt-bf, etc...) in crypt() and gen_salt()
2. adding new "crypt-aes" module.

If this is correct, I would like to make a patch for the first topic, as I think
I can handle it.
Daniel, please let me know if you have been making a patch based on the idea.

Also, I think the second one should be discussed in a separate thread, so could
you split it into a separate thread?

Thank you

Fujitsu Limited
Shibagaki Koshi