Re: Potential issue in ecpg-informix decimal converting functions

От a.imamov@postgrespro.ru
Тема Re: Potential issue in ecpg-informix decimal converting functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson писал(а) 2024-02-23 13:44:
>> On 22 Feb 2024, at 17:54, a.imamov@postgrespro.ru wrote:
>
>> PGTYPESnumeric_to_int() and PGTYPESnumeric_to_long()
>> functions return only 0 or -1. So ECPG_INFORMIX_NUM_OVERFLOW can never
>> be returned.
>
> Indeed, this looks like an oversight.
>
>> I think dectoint(), dectolong() and PGTYPESnumeric_to_int() functions
>> should be a little bit different like in proposing patch.
>> What do you think?
>
> -        Convert a variable to type decimal to an integer.
> +        Convert a variable of type decimal to an integer.
> While related, this should be committed and backpatched regardless.
>
> +       int                     errnum = 0;
> Stylistic nit, we typically don't initialize a variable which cannot be
> accessed before being set.
>
> Overall the patch looks sane, please register it for the next
> commitfest to
> make it's not missed.
>
> --
> Daniel Gustafsson

Thank you for feedback,

-        Convert a variable to type decimal to an integer.
+        Convert a variable of type decimal to an integer.
I removed this from the patch and proposed to
pgsql-docs@lists.postgresql.org

+       int                     errnum = 0;
fixed

Thank's for advice, the patch will be registered for the next
commitfest.

--
Aidar Imamov
Вложения