Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I dug in the archives and found the thread that prompted you to
> add that bullet item:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/200502021700.j12H05j20872%40candle.pha.pa.us
> which made the point that those were moving targets back in 2005.
> I doubt they still are, so I don't see much point in keeping this
> in the checklist.
> (There may or may not be value in doing a one-time check to see
> if we've missed anything.)

I located the "current" versions of those files in libbind 6.0.
(I put "current" in quotes because the file dates seem to be
2005-2008, so indeed development came to a stop a long time ago.)

They are *very* different from what we have, though.  Some of it
is visibly cosmetic, but other parts have been rewritten quite a bit,
so it's hard to tell if the functionality is identical.

In the absence of a reason to think we have bugs that we need to
fix, I'm not sure it's worth analyzing the differences in detail.
I definitely wouldn't just adopt all the diffs blindly.

In any case, that RELEASE_CHANGES item is clearly a dead letter
now, so I'll go remove it.