Re: [HACKERS] "DML"

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] "DML"  ("D. Jay Newman" <jay@sprucegrove.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> There are a couple of places in the docs where the term "DML" is used,
> but it is not defined anywhere. What exactly does it stand for and how
> would you define it?

Hmm. Thanks to Don and Jay for a definition. The def ("Data
Manipulation Language") was what I thought, but I find it confusing
that it is used to refer to a subset of "SQL", which also has
"Language" in the acronym.

Would it be acceptable to replace "DML statement" with something like
"data-altering statement"? The phrase shows up in only two places in
our ~700 pages of docs and out of context it doesn't seem to add
value...

South Pasadena, California