Re: [HACKERS] "DML"

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 04:28 PM 6/11/99 +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

>Would it be acceptable to replace "DML statement" with something like
>"data-altering statement"? The phrase shows up in only two places in
>our ~700 pages of docs and out of context it doesn't seem to add
>value...

It would probably be OK.  DML seems to be one of those terms of
art, not using it would seem odd to db geeks but they'd understand
what you're saying.  Using it is incomprehensible to the rest of
us.  So I'd vote for writing something non-experts can understand.

Experts don't need your docs anyway :)

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com> Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net