Re: [HACKERS] "DML"

От D. Jay Newman
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>Hmm. Thanks to Don and Jay for a definition. The def ("Data
>Manipulation Language") was what I thought, but I find it confusing
>that it is used to refer to a subset of "SQL", which also has
>"Language" in the acronym.

NO!!!! SQL doesn't stand for *anything*! (Though common practice calls
it Structured Query Language, it was officially called SQL because the
original name of the language was copyrighted.)

SQL is composed of three languages (DML, DDL -- Data Definition Language,
and some TLA that I've forgotten).

(OK, I admit to being persnickity about this.)  :)
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@sprucegrove.com              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and