Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 02:58 PM 8/21/00 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

>> It takes me less than half a day to install AOLserver, Postgres and the
>> toolkit on a virgin system, including setting up user accounts, etc.
>
>How familiar are you with it as opposed to most others on the net?

Ben has already offered to help out and has an account on hub.  If I weren't
leaving town for five of the next six or so weeks, I would too.

Still, we have strangers to all three pieces installing everything in a
weekend, usually with a bit of help.  If you were to install it, you'd
be familiar with Postgres which is about 1/3 of the confusion for newcomers.

>You really don't get it do you?

Yes, I do.

>  I'm not comparing software and trucks,
>I'm comparing tools to do a job.  Once you grasp that concept you'll be
>able to catch on to what I'm talking about - until then I'm just wasting
>my time.

Do I detect a flame?  Ohhh...

It's a toolkit, Vincent.  Once you grasp the notion that using a wrench
out of your toolbox doesn't mean you have to use every tool in the
toolbox you'll be able to grasp what I'm talking about.

I answered your previous question plainly.  If you're not capable of
understanding the answer, don't answer with an invitation for a flamefest
you have no chance of winning, OK?