Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 02:58 PM 8/21/00 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> >On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:
>
> >> It takes me less than half a day to install AOLserver, Postgres and the
> >> toolkit on a virgin system, including setting up user accounts, etc.
> >
> >How familiar are you with it as opposed to most others on the net?
>
> Ben has already offered to help out and has an account on hub.  If I weren't
> leaving town for five of the next six or so weeks, I would too.
>
> Still, we have strangers to all three pieces installing everything in a
> weekend, usually with a bit of help.  If you were to install it, you'd
> be familiar with Postgres which is about 1/3 of the confusion for newcomers.
>
> >You really don't get it do you?
>
> Yes, I do.
>
> >  I'm not comparing software and trucks,
> >I'm comparing tools to do a job.  Once you grasp that concept you'll be
> >able to catch on to what I'm talking about - until then I'm just wasting
> >my time.
>
> Do I detect a flame?  Ohhh...
>
> It's a toolkit, Vincent.  Once you grasp the notion that using a wrench
> out of your toolbox doesn't mean you have to use every tool in the
> toolbox you'll be able to grasp what I'm talking about.

Yet you insist on shoving the entire toolbox down our throats every time
there's a task to be done, Donnie.

> I answered your previous question plainly.  If you're not capable of
> understanding the answer, don't answer with an invitation for a flamefest
> you have no chance of winning, OK?

When the day comes that you actually answer a question without telling
the world that openacs, arsdigita, aolserver or whatever you want to call
it is the answer and saviour to everything from world peace to who cares
what else, I'll believe you answered a "question plainly".  But that's
not likely to ever happen.   And since you think that anything I've said
so far has been a flame I doubt you'd know one if it slapped you with a
trout.

One more thing, Donnie...   ***PLONK***

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)