Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)  (Joe Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:12 AM 8/21/00 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

>I am *NOT* "the Postgres team".  But have you listened to what you & Don
>are suggesting that we, or for that matter anyone else in need of a bug
>tracking system, do?  You want us to install the full blown arsDigita with
>all the bells and whistles just for a bug tracker.  That's like saying I
>need a pickup truck to move a chair so I'm going to go out and get a new
>FreightLiner with a 55' trailer to do the job.

A rather dubious analogy.

It takes me less than half a day to install AOLserver, Postgres and the
toolkit on a virgin system, including setting up user accounts, etc.

And ... you never know.  Other parts of the toolkit might turn out to be
useful.

If not, just leave them turned off.  Take a look at openacs.org - do you
find any traces of the e-commerce module there?  The intranet company
management module?  What do you see?  You see the use of perhaps 10% of
the toolkit.

This is slightly different than hauling an 18-wheeler around.   Software
and trucks bear little resemblence to each other, though Freightliner does
have its home here in Portland, OR.

And, of course, the SDM has a bit more functionality than a simple bugtracker,
which is just one piece.  It will be gaining more functionality over time,
including increased integration with CVS (there is already some integration,
i.e. the ability to browse the tree).

>You missed the point.  It's called overkill.  You needed a full blown
>database for your project.  We need (although _want_ may be another story)
>a bug tracker - not a new webserver.

Then run it under Apache.

Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)