Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 11:12 AM 8/21/00 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>
> >I am *NOT* "the Postgres team".  But have you listened to what you & Don
> >are suggesting that we, or for that matter anyone else in need of a bug
> >tracking system, do?  You want us to install the full blown arsDigita with
> >all the bells and whistles just for a bug tracker.  That's like saying I
> >need a pickup truck to move a chair so I'm going to go out and get a new
> >FreightLiner with a 55' trailer to do the job.
>
> A rather dubious analogy.
>
> It takes me less than half a day to install AOLserver, Postgres and the
> toolkit on a virgin system, including setting up user accounts, etc.

How familiar are you with it as opposed to most others on the net?
> And ... you never know.  Other parts of the toolkit might turn out to be
> useful.
>
> If not, just leave them turned off.  Take a look at openacs.org - do you
> find any traces of the e-commerce module there?  The intranet company
> management module?  What do you see?  You see the use of perhaps 10% of
> the toolkit.
>
> This is slightly different than hauling an 18-wheeler around.   Software
> and trucks bear little resemblence to each other, though Freightliner does
> have its home here in Portland, OR.

You really don't get it do you?  I'm not comparing software and trucks,
I'm comparing tools to do a job.  Once you grasp that concept you'll be
able to catch on to what I'm talking about - until then I'm just wasting
my time.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop