Обсуждение: [MASSMAIL]wal_consistemcy_checking clean on HEAD

[MASSMAIL]wal_consistemcy_checking clean on HEAD

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

I have been doing some checks with page masking and WAL consistency
now that we are in feature freeze, and there are no failures on HEAD:
cd src/test/recovery/ && \
    PG_TEST_EXTRA=wal_consistency_checking \
    PROVE_TESTS=t/027_stream_regress.pl make check

It's been on my TODO list to automate that in one of my buildfarm
animals, and never got down to do it.  I've looked at the current
animal fleet, and it looks that we don't have one yet.  Perhaps I've
just missed something?

Michael

Вложения

Re: wal_consistemcy_checking clean on HEAD

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 7:35 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> It's been on my TODO list to automate that in one of my buildfarm
> animals, and never got down to do it.  I've looked at the current
> animal fleet, and it looks that we don't have one yet.  Perhaps I've
> just missed something?

wal_consistency_checking is very useful in general. I find myself
using it fairly regularly.

That's probably why it's not finding anything now: most people working
on something that touches WAL already know that testing their patch
with wal_consistency_checking early is a good idea. Of course it also
wouldn't be a bad idea to have a BF animal for that, especially
because we already have BF animals that test things far more niche
than this.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: wal_consistemcy_checking clean on HEAD

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 07:40:57PM -0400, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> That's probably why it's not finding anything now: most people working
> on something that touches WAL already know that testing their patch
> with wal_consistency_checking early is a good idea. Of course it also
> wouldn't be a bad idea to have a BF animal for that, especially
> because we already have BF animals that test things far more niche
> than this.

wal_consistency_checking has been enabled a couple of days ago on
batta, and the runs are clean:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=batta&br=HEAD

Recovery tests take a bit longer, but that's still OK on this host.
For now, this mode only runs on HEAD.
--
Michael

Вложения