Обсуждение: building with meson on windows with ssl

building with meson on windows with ssl

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Greetings,

I am getting the following error
building on HEAD

Library crypto found: YES
Checking for function "CRYPTO_new_ex_data" with dependencies -lssl, -lcrypto: NO

I have openssl 1.1.1 installed

Dave Cramer

Re: building with meson on windows with ssl

От
Dave Cramer

Checking for function "CRYPTO_new_ex_data" with dependencies -lssl, -lcrypto: NO

So this is the error you get if you mix a 64 bit version of openssl and build with x86 tools. Clearly my problem, but the error message is less than helpful

Dave

Re: building with meson on windows with ssl

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2023-11-12 11:41:15 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 at 07:57, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am getting the following error
> > building on HEAD
> >
> > Library crypto found: YES
> > Checking for function "CRYPTO_new_ex_data" with dependencies -lssl,
> > -lcrypto: NO
> >

> So this is the error you get if you mix a 64 bit version of openssl and
> build with x86 tools. Clearly my problem, but the error message is less
> than helpful

There probably is more detail in meson-logs/meson-log.txt - could you post
that?

The problem could be related to the fact that on windows you (I think) can
have binaries with both 32bit and 64bit libraries loaded.

Was this with msvc or gcc/mingw?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: building with meson on windows with ssl

От
Dave Cramer

Hi,

On 2023-11-12 11:41:15 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 at 07:57, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am getting the following error
> > building on HEAD
> >
> > Library crypto found: YES
> > Checking for function "CRYPTO_new_ex_data" with dependencies -lssl,
> > -lcrypto: NO
> >

> So this is the error you get if you mix a 64 bit version of openssl and
> build with x86 tools. Clearly my problem, but the error message is less
> than helpful

There probably is more detail in meson-logs/meson-log.txt - could you post
that?
I'd have to undo what I did to fix it, but if I find time I will

The problem could be related to the fact that on windows you (I think) can
have binaries with both 32bit and 64bit libraries loaded.

I was building with the 32bit tools by mistake.

Was this with msvc or gcc/mingw?

msvc

Dave

Greetings,