Re: building with meson on windows with ssl

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: building with meson on windows with ssl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 20:56, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2023-11-12 11:41:15 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 at 07:57, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am getting the following error
> > building on HEAD
> >
> > Library crypto found: YES
> > Checking for function "CRYPTO_new_ex_data" with dependencies -lssl,
> > -lcrypto: NO
> >

> So this is the error you get if you mix a 64 bit version of openssl and
> build with x86 tools. Clearly my problem, but the error message is less
> than helpful

There probably is more detail in meson-logs/meson-log.txt - could you post
that?
I'd have to undo what I did to fix it, but if I find time I will

The problem could be related to the fact that on windows you (I think) can
have binaries with both 32bit and 64bit libraries loaded.

I was building with the 32bit tools by mistake.

Was this with msvc or gcc/mingw?

msvc

Dave

Greetings,