Обсуждение: [PGDOCS] change function linkend to refer to a more relevant target

[PGDOCS] change function linkend to refer to a more relevant target

От
Peter Smith
Дата:
Hi,

I found a link in the docs that referred to the stats "views" section,
instead of the more relevant (IMO)  stats "functions" section.

PSA the 1 line patch -- it explains what I mean better than I can
describe in words...

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Вложения

Re: [PGDOCS] change function linkend to refer to a more relevant target

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 29 Sep 2023, at 06:51, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found a link in the docs that referred to the stats "views" section,
> instead of the more relevant (IMO)  stats "functions" section.

Agreed.  This link was added in 2007 (in 7d3b7011b), and back in 7.3/7.4 days
the functions were listed in the same section as the views, so the anchor was
at the time pointing to the right section.  In 2012 it was given its own
section (in aebe989477) but the link wasn't updated.

Thanks for the patch, I'll go ahead with it.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Re: [PGDOCS] change function linkend to refer to a more relevant target

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 29 Sep 2023, at 10:54, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 29 Sep 2023, at 06:51, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I found a link in the docs that referred to the stats "views" section,
>> instead of the more relevant (IMO)  stats "functions" section.
>
> Agreed.  This link was added in 2007 (in 7d3b7011b), and back in 7.3/7.4 days
> the functions were listed in the same section as the views, so the anchor was
> at the time pointing to the right section.  In 2012 it was given its own
> section (in aebe989477) but the link wasn't updated.
>
> Thanks for the patch, I'll go ahead with it.

Applied to all supported branches, thanks!

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Re: [PGDOCS] change function linkend to refer to a more relevant target

От
Peter Smith
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 12:04 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 29 Sep 2023, at 10:54, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> >
> >> On 29 Sep 2023, at 06:51, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I found a link in the docs that referred to the stats "views" section,
> >> instead of the more relevant (IMO)  stats "functions" section.
> >
> > Agreed.  This link was added in 2007 (in 7d3b7011b), and back in 7.3/7.4 days
> > the functions were listed in the same section as the views, so the anchor was
> > at the time pointing to the right section.  In 2012 it was given its own
> > section (in aebe989477) but the link wasn't updated.
> >
> > Thanks for the patch, I'll go ahead with it.
>
> Applied to all supported branches, thanks!

Thank you for pushing.

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.