Обсуждение: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

While scanning the code, I have noticed that a couple of code paths
that do syscache lookups are passing down directly Oids rather than
Datums.  I think that we'd better be consistent here, even if there is
no actual bug.

I have noticed 11 callers of SearchSysCache*() that pass down
an Oid instead of a Datum.

Thoughts or comments?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Aleksander Alekseev
Дата:
Hi,

> I have noticed 11 callers of SearchSysCache*() that pass down
> an Oid instead of a Datum.

Good catch.

> I think that we'd better be consistent here, even if there is
> no actual bug.

+1

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Zhang Mingli
Дата:
Hi

Regards,
Zhang Mingli
While scanning the code, I have noticed that a couple of code paths
that do syscache lookups are passing down directly Oids rather than
Datums. I think that we'd better be consistent here, even if there is
no actual bug.

I have noticed 11 callers of SearchSysCache*() that pass down
an Oid instead of a Datum.

Thoughts or comments?
--
Michael
LGTM, and there are two functions missed, in sequence_options

 pgstuple = SearchSysCache1(SEQRELID, relid);

Shall we fix that too?

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Zhang Mingli
Дата:

Zhang Mingli
pgstuple = SearchSysCache1(SEQRELID, relid);

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Aleksander Alekseev
Дата:
Hi,

> And inside pg_sequence_parameters:
> pgstuple = SearchSysCache1(SEQRELID, relid);

Found another one in partcache.c:

```
    /* Get pg_class.relpartbound */
    tuple = SearchSysCache1(RELOID, RelationGetRelid(rel));
```

I can't be 100% sure but it looks like that's all of them. PFA the
updated patch v2.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Вложения

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Aleksander Alekseev
Дата:
Hi,

> > And inside pg_sequence_parameters:
> > pgstuple = SearchSysCache1(SEQRELID, relid);
>
> Found another one in partcache.c:
>
> ```
>     /* Get pg_class.relpartbound */
>     tuple = SearchSysCache1(RELOID, RelationGetRelid(rel));
> ```
>
> I can't be 100% sure but it looks like that's all of them. PFA the
> updated patch v2.

Added a CF entry, just in case:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4448/

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 05:33:42PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> I can't be 100% sure but it looks like that's all of them. PFA the
> updated patch v2.

Thanks.  Yes, this stuff is easy to miss.  I was just grepping for a
few patterns and missed these two.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: ObjectIdGetDatum() missing from SearchSysCache*() callers

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 07:27:02AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 05:33:42PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> > I can't be 100% sure but it looks like that's all of them. PFA the
> > updated patch v2.
>
> Thanks.  Yes, this stuff is easy to miss.  I was just grepping for a
> few patterns and missed these two.

Spotted a few more of these things after a second lookup.

One for subscriptions:
src/backend/commands/alter.c:
if (SearchSysCacheExists2(SUBSCRIPTIONNAME, MyDatabaseId,

And two for transforms:
src/backend/utils/cache/lsyscache.c:
tup = SearchSysCache2(TRFTYPELANG, typid, langid);
src/backend/utils/cache/lsyscache.c:
tup = SearchSysCache2(TRFTYPELANG, typid, langid);

And applied the whole.  Thanks for looking and spot more of these
inconsistencies!
--
Michael

Вложения