Обсуждение: PGAdmin 4 2.0 fails to read views

PGAdmin 4 2.0 fails to read views

От
Ephebopus
Дата:
Hello,

Am experiencing issues with PGAdmin 4 (no such issue with PGAdmin 3) when
connecting to a 9.1.4 postgresql server and trying to view Views. PostGIS is
enabled for the databases in question. If the SQL tab active in PGAdmin 4
for instance and I select a table in a database its definition appears in
the tab. If I select a view I get

"ERROR: syntax error at or near "FROM"
LINE 20: FROM pg_class c
^"

This is the same if I select a view that is man-made or a postGIS view- like
"geometry_columns".

Have tried installing PGAdmin 4 on a Win 10 machine as well as on a Win 7
machine, same issue.

Before I dig deeper I'd like to query whether this is some sort of known
issue or if I'm having faulty expectations somehow : )

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Rgds

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: PGAdmin 4 2.0 fails to read views

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

Am experiencing issues with PGAdmin 4 (no such issue with PGAdmin 3) when
connecting to a 9.1.4 postgresql server and trying to view Views. PostGIS is
enabled for the databases in question. If the SQL tab active in PGAdmin 4
for instance and I select a table in a database its definition appears in
the tab. If I select a view I get

"ERROR: syntax error at or near "FROM"
LINE 20: FROM pg_class c
^"

This is the same if I select a view that is man-made or a postGIS view- like
"geometry_columns".

Have tried installing PGAdmin 4 on a Win 10 machine as well as on a Win 7
machine, same issue.

Before I dig deeper I'd like to query whether this is some sort of known
issue or if I'm having faulty expectations somehow : )

PostgreSQL 9.1 is not supported by pgAdmin 4.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: PGAdmin 4 2.0 fails to read views

От
Ephebopus
Дата:
Thanks. I did search briefly for "PGadmin 4 system requirements" before
asking, as well as "postgresql pgadmin version compatibility matrix" but
didn't find anything of the kind.

I see now that the pgadmin site has on its homepage:
 "pgAdmin may be used on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and Windows to manage
PostgreSQL 9.2 and above."

and "Click the PostgreSQL Documentation link to navigate to the
Documentation page for the PostgreSQL open-source project; once at the
project site, you can review the manuals for the currently supported
versions of the PostgreSQL server." is in the documentation. Haven't found a
referense to "currently supported version of the PostgreSQL server" (in
regards to PGAdmin) in the Postgresql docs yet but shall keep looking.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html