Обсуждение: unsuscribe

unsuscribe

От
marcelo
Дата:
unsuscribe

Re: unsuscribe

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 22/06/17 11:13, marcelo wrote:
> unsuscribe

Hi there,

There's a separate email address for subscription requests - see here:

https://www.pgadmin.org/support/list/

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: unsuscribe

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 22/06/17 15:03, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi does not work ...

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:

[Please keep replies on the list]

Hmmm, well I don't know so.... maybe someone else here knows what to do.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

RE: unsuscribe

От
"Eric P. Melbardis"
Дата:
hi

I started getting help requests from some emails, then a bunch with the word 'unsubscribe' in them ... maybe site got
hacked???pesky Russians ...

On 22/06/17 15:03, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi does not work ...

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:

[Please keep replies on the list]

Hmmm, well I don't know so.... maybe someone else here knows what to do.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

RE: unsuscribe

От
Rick Levine
Дата:
The problem is that there has never been a way to unsubscribe from this mailing list.  I think some folks
over-optimisticallythought that with the advent of a new platform, unsubscribing would now work, hence the flurry of
unsubscriberequests, and the following realization that nothing has changed, except maybe for the length of sentences
usedto describe the situation.

I started getting help requests from some emails, then a bunch with the word 'unsubscribe' in them ... maybe site got
hacked???pesky Russians ...

On 22/06/17 15:03, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi does not work ...

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:

[Please keep replies on the list]

Hmmm, well I don't know so.... maybe someone else here knows what to do.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: unsuscribe

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:

//Magnus

I started getting help requests from some emails, then a bunch with the word 'unsubscribe' in them ... maybe site got hacked??? pesky Russians ...

On 22/06/17 15:03, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi does not work ...

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:

[Please keep replies on the list]

Hmmm, well I don't know so.... maybe someone else here knows what to do.

Ray.

RE: unsuscribe

От
"Eric P. Melbardis"
Дата:
so you are saying if one tries to unsubscribe, the whole world gets the message??? some might consider it spam ... (and
notthe mystery meat)

I started getting help requests from some emails, then a bunch with the word 'unsubscribe' in them ... maybe site got
hacked???pesky Russians ...

On 22/06/17 15:03, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi does not work ...

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:

[Please keep replies on the list]

Hmmm, well I don't know so.... maybe someone else here knows what to do.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: unsuscribe

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Eric P. Melbardis
<eric.melbardis@netkitsolutions.com> wrote:

> The problem is that there has never been a way to unsubscribe from this mailing list.

There has always been a way to unsubscribe from the mailing list. It
was clearly described on both the PostgreSQL and pgAdmin websites.

Both do now need to be updated for the new system (and will be soon),
but Stephen did provide instructions for managing subscriptions when
he send the email warning of the migration:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170614154313.GI3151%40tamriel.snowman.net

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: unsuscribe

От
Darren Duncan
Дата:
On 2017-06-22 7:10 AM, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> I started getting help requests from some emails, then a bunch with the word 'unsubscribe' in them ... maybe site got
hacked???pesky Russians ...

I also was thinking it was weird that there were 3 same-looking "unsubscribe"
list posts from 3 different people all back to back.  Usually when someone takes
this naive action its just 1 person at a time. --Darren Duncan

Re: unsuscribe

От
Magnus Hagander

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Eric P. Melbardis
<eric.melbardis@netkitsolutions.com> wrote:

> The problem is that there has never been a way to unsubscribe from this mailing list.

There has always been a way to unsubscribe from the mailing list. It
was clearly described on both the PostgreSQL and pgAdmin websites.

Both do now need to be updated for the new system (and will be soon),
but Stephen did provide instructions for managing subscriptions when
he send the email warning of the migration:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170614154313.GI3151%40tamriel.snowman.net

It's also worth noticing that every single email contains both a web link to unsubscribe and a mail link to unsubscribe, in the List-Unsubscribe header. Some mail programs are smart enough to show that one as a direct option and some are not, but the header is always there and the links should be clickable.

--

Re: unsuscribe

От
"David G. Johnston"