Обсуждение: GSoC planning underway

GSoC planning underway

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
Hi all,

I hope you have all now been able to discuss your projects between
mentor and student.  It's now less than a week to go befor starting
your projects (Monday 17th June), so please ensure you are well
prepared ahead of time and that you have planned out how you will
approach your project.

If any mentor is having problems getting hold of their student, or
vice versa, please let Josh and I know as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please get in contact.

Thanks

Thom

Re: GSoC planning underway

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Students, Mentors:

In order to make sure that all three projects are proceeding as planned,
I'd like to see a *brief* report on -students of current GSOC progress
on each of your projects each week, starting this week.  This only needs
to be 3 or 4 lines, just letting us know where you are on the project
and how things are going.

If you're blogging your project (recommended), then you can just post a
link to your blog.

Thanks, and have a fun summer!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: GSoC Progress Reports?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 06/26/2013 04:27 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Students, Mentors:
>
> In order to make sure that all three projects are proceeding as planned,
> I'd like to see a *brief* report on -students of current GSOC progress
> on each of your projects each week, starting this week.  This only needs
> to be 3 or 4 lines, just letting us know where you are on the project
> and how things are going.
>
> If you're blogging your project (recommended), then you can just post a
> link to your blog.

Um, students?  Mentors?  I haven't seen a response from anyone about
current GSOC projects.  Is anyone actually working on their project, at all?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: GSoC Progress Reports?

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Um, students?  Mentors?  I haven't seen a response from anyone about
current GSOC projects.  Is anyone actually working on their project, at all?

Josh,

Michael emailed me today promising an email today. :)

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: GSoC Progress Reports?

От
Alexander Korotkov
Дата:
Um, students?  Mentors?  I haven't seen a response from anyone about
current GSOC projects.  Is anyone actually working on their project, at all?

Stas had some troubles sending to mailing list. I gave him some instructions. Hope we'll see his message soon.
In short, he is now debugging new point representation in cube type.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.

Re: GSoC Progress Reports?

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:01:06PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 06/26/2013 04:27 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Students, Mentors:
> >
> > In order to make sure that all three projects are proceeding as
> > planned, I'd like to see a *brief* report on -students of current
> > GSOC progress on each of your projects each week, starting this
> > week.  This only needs to be 3 or 4 lines, just letting us know
> > where you are on the project and how things are going.
> >
> > If you're blogging your project (recommended), then you can just
> > post a link to your blog.
>
> Um, students?  Mentors?  I haven't seen a response from anyone about
> current GSOC projects.  Is anyone actually working on their project,
> at all?

We've been tracking progress on github, where the project code lives.

https://github.com/davidfetter/postgresql_projects/tree/returning_before_after

We've also had a couple of meetings this week in IRC.  Do you want the
transcripts?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!