Обсуждение: function parameters

function parameters

От
Antonini Roberto

When I invoke DB-side function, I can’t pass more than 16 parameters to it.

Is it a limit imposed by JDBC driver?

If it’s so, how can I override it?

Thanks,

Roberto.

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
MailAdmin@tilab.com. Thank you

Re: function parameters

От
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Antonini Roberto wrote:

> When I invoke DB-side function, I can't pass more than 16 parameters to
> it.
>
> Is it a limit imposed by JDBC driver?
>
> If it's so, how can I override it?

This is a backend limitation, although the default was increased to 32 in
the 7.3 release I believe.  To raise this requires some manual hacking on
config headers, try searching the archives for INDEX_MAX_KEYS.  Another
option is to use complex types or arrays to pass multiple inputs in the
same parameter.

Kris Jurka