Обсуждение: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От
"Luca Di Mauro"
Дата:
Hi all!

I've some problems in connecting to postgreSQL with the JDBC driver from my JSP page.

I've installed PostgreSQL for Windows, ver. 7.1.2, so I took on the site the pg72jdbc2.jar file as JDBC driver.

Then I followed all the steps in the documentation at the URL http://jdbc.postgresql.org/doc.html. Because i need to use the jdbc driver with Java Server Pages, I didn't use the classpath method, but I copyed the driver directly in the lib/ext directory in my JVM path.

I can connect to the DB with PgAdmin 2, but when I try to connect from my JSP page, the Tomcat WebServer says:

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver"

What did I forget???

Thanks, Luca.

Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От
Bhushan Bhangale
Well keeping the .jar file under WEB-INF/lib folder for that application works for me in tomcat.

http://www.star.net.uk

http://www.star.net.uk

Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 02/02/2004 10:04 Bhushan Bhangale wrote:
> Well keeping the .jar file under WEB-INF/lib folder for that application
> works for me in tomcat.

Whilst that will work, the recommended location for JDBC drivers is
common/lib.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Paul,

Actually, according to the doc's for Tomcat, it won't work if you use
tomcat's data sources. The driver has to be in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336

Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 02/02/2004 11:51 Dave Cramer wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Actually, according to the doc's for Tomcat, it won't work if you use
> tomcat's data sources. The driver has to be in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

Good point.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От
Bhushan Bhangale
Дата:
I keep jar files ->

1. specific to a application in WEB-INF/lib
2. shared across applications deployed in same tomcat in shared/lib
3. common to tomcat and applications in common/lib

Thanks
Bhushan

> Actually, according to the doc's for Tomcat, it won't work if you use
> tomcat's data sources. The driver has to be in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

Good point.

--
Paul Thomas
-+