Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

От Luca Di Mauro
Тема Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all!

I've some problems in connecting to postgreSQL with the JDBC driver from my JSP page.

I've installed PostgreSQL for Windows, ver. 7.1.2, so I took on the site the pg72jdbc2.jar file as JDBC driver.

Then I followed all the steps in the documentation at the URL http://jdbc.postgresql.org/doc.html. Because i need to use the jdbc driver with Java Server Pages, I didn't use the classpath method, but I copyed the driver directly in the lib/ext directory in my JVM path.

I can connect to the DB with PgAdmin 2, but when I try to connect from my JSP page, the Tomcat WebServer says:

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver"

What did I forget???

Thanks, Luca.