Обсуждение: status update on Hot Standby and Streaming Replication

status update on Hot Standby and Streaming Replication

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
I'm not quite sure where we stand with these two patches.  My
impression is that many of the outstanding TODO items in Hot Standby
have been fixed, and I'm not sure what remains.  Streaming Replication
I think reviewing is not as far advanced, but I'm not sure.  Any
chance that Hot Standby can get committed in the next few days before
we bundle alpha3?  Otherwise, I think it will not get as much test
coverage as it really deserves.

...Robert

Re: status update on Hot Standby and Streaming Replication

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 20:38 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:

> I'm not quite sure where we stand with these two patches.  My
> impression is that many of the outstanding TODO items in Hot Standby
> have been fixed, and I'm not sure what remains.  Streaming Replication
> I think reviewing is not as far advanced, but I'm not sure.  Any
> chance that Hot Standby can get committed in the next few days before
> we bundle alpha3?  Otherwise, I think it will not get as much test
> coverage as it really deserves.

It's possible that HS will get committed in next few days.

I'm aiming to release a final patch within 48 hours and commit by Wed.

The main TODO items are fixed, but I'm now going through testing and
polishing.

Re: status update on Hot Standby and Streaming Replication

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 20:38 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> I'm not quite sure where we stand with these two patches.  My
>> impression is that many of the outstanding TODO items in Hot Standby
>> have been fixed, and I'm not sure what remains.  Streaming Replication
>> I think reviewing is not as far advanced, but I'm not sure.

Yes, the all-out review of SR has just started. I think that it would
take time until it's committed.

> It's possible that HS will get committed in next few days.
>
> I'm aiming to release a final patch within 48 hours and commit by Wed.

Great!

Also I would need to adjust the SR patch to HS after it's committed.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: status update on Hot Standby and Streaming Replication

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Robert Haas wrote:
> Streaming Replication
> I think reviewing is not as far advanced, but I'm not sure.

I started reviewing Streaming Replication on Monday, but got dragged
into other stuff on the following day. I'm planning to continue that on
Monday again.