Обсуждение: Win32 and fsync()

Win32 and fsync()

От
"Dann Corbit"
Дата:
For Win32, in order to emulate fsync() we will need to call
FlushFileBuffers():
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/
base/flushfilebuffers.asp

Re: Win32 and fsync()

От
"Andrew Dunstan"
Дата:
I'm having difficulty digging up the reference, but I think I recall seeing
something that said, roughly, on W32 there are 2 sets of buffers - those in
the user level library and those in the kernel level driver, and
FlushFileBuffers drains the first, while _commit drains both (it includes a
call to FlushFileBuffers).

I'm also fairly sure I saw something like   #define fsync _commit
in the Berkeley DB sources the other day, which might be a clue.

I'll be happy to be corrected, though.

cheers

andrew