Re: Win32 and fsync()

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Win32 and fsync()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gavin Sherry" <swm@linuxworld.com.au>
[snip]
> > Where is the "other" flush besides FlushFileBuffers()?
>
> The only real code there is, it seems, an exclusive look on the file
> descriptor. (Provided of course that that is what _lock_fh(filedes) does).

yes, it looks that way.

I wonder what whould happen to reliability and performance if the files were
opened using Windows' write through cache flag (FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH).
Also, this article might be relevant:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332023

although I see the Windows tests were done on W2000/SP3, so maybe not.

andrew