Обсуждение: Re: [COMMITTERS] [WEBMASTER] 'www/html/docs Pg.pm.html faq-dev-english.html faq-english.html faq-hpux.html faq-irix.html faq-linux.html index.html Pg.pm.shtml faq-dev-english.shtml faq-english.shtml faq-hpux.shtml faq-irix.shtml faq-linux.shtml'

> Update of /usr/local/cvsroot/www/html/docs
> Added Files:
>         Pg.pm.html faq-dev-english.html faq-english.html faq-hpux.html
>         faq-irix.html faq-linux.html
> Removed Files:
>         Pg.pm.shtml faq-dev-english.shtml faq-english.shtml
>         faq-hpux.shtml faq-irix.shtml faq-linux.shtml

Do we have the new FAQs for AIX and SCO posted yet? I haven't looked,
but vaguely recall that Vince wasn't sure where they would come from
for the web version...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

> > Update of /usr/local/cvsroot/www/html/docs
> > Added Files:
> >         Pg.pm.html faq-dev-english.html faq-english.html faq-hpux.html
> >         faq-irix.html faq-linux.html
> > Removed Files:
> >         Pg.pm.shtml faq-dev-english.shtml faq-english.shtml
> >         faq-hpux.shtml faq-irix.shtml faq-linux.shtml
>
> Do we have the new FAQs for AIX and SCO posted yet? I haven't looked,
> but vaguely recall that Vince wasn't sure where they would come from
> for the web version...

They are not on the web site, so I don't have them.

Pennsylvania19026

> > Do we have the new FAQs for AIX and SCO posted yet? I haven't looked,
> > but vaguely recall that Vince wasn't sure where they would come from
> > for the web version...
> They are not on the web site, so I don't have them.

?? Right, they are plain text in the cvs tree. How do we get them onto
the web site?
                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > Do we have the new FAQs for AIX and SCO posted yet? I haven't looked,
> > > but vaguely recall that Vince wasn't sure where they would come from
> > > for the web version...
> > They are not on the web site, so I don't have them.
>
> ?? Right, they are plain text in the cvs tree. How do we get them onto
> the web site?
>
>                       - Thomas

If they're strictly plain text I can toss them in, but formatting will
be minimal since they can change and I'd have to redo it.  If/when/after
they're in sgml then of course it won't be a problem.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

> > > Do we have the new FAQs for AIX and SCO posted yet? I haven't looked,
> > > but vaguely recall that Vince wasn't sure where they would come from
> > > for the web version...
> > They are not on the web site, so I don't have them.
>
> ?? Right, they are plain text in the cvs tree. How do we get them onto
> the web site?

checkout www cvs tree, update docs/index.html, and put them on the web
site.

Pennsylvania19026

> > > They are not on the web site, so I don't have them.
> > ?? Right, they are plain text in the cvs tree. How do we get them onto
> > the web site?
> If they're strictly plain text I can toss them in, but formatting will
> be minimal since they can change and I'd have to redo it.

afaik *all* the FAQs start as plain text in the cvs tree. How did
those make it onto the web site in html?
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

> > > ?? Right, they are plain text in the cvs tree. How do we get them onto
> > > the web site?
> > If they're strictly plain text I can toss them in, but formatting will
> > be minimal since they can change and I'd have to redo it.
>
> afaik *all* the FAQs start as plain text in the cvs tree. How did
> those make it onto the web site in html?

The current web site is in frames.  Just pull it in and put the pre tag
at the top.  The new web pages will not be frames so EVERY document will
need to be formatted somewhat as they're merged into some template files,
about a 5K increase per file.  I'm not sure what I'm doing about the
documentation tho since that's regenerated nightly.  It'll probably have
to go to non-bordered pages (IOW no logo, etc.).