Обсуждение: Connect string again

Connect string again

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
A while ago we agreed to use DB names like the JDBC standard:

Before I start working on libpq I would like to know which protocols it
should accept. Is there a norm for this?

Suggestions: sql, esql, pq, ecpg ...

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20

Re: [HACKERS] Connect string again

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> A while ago we agreed to use DB names like the JDBC standard:

> Before I start working on libpq I would like to know which protocols it
> should accept. Is there a norm for this?
>
> Suggestions: sql, esql, pq, ecpg ...

Hey, what's with the backslashes?? Didn't know a non-M$ system even had
'em on the keyboard :)

Seriously, is that a typo?

                        - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] Connect string again

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> A while ago we agreed to use DB names like the JDBC standard:

> Before I start working on libpq I would like to know which protocols it
> should accept. Is there a norm for this?
>
> Suggestions: sql, esql, pq, ecpg ...

pq seems to be a little too short to me.

I'd have thought sql, or libpq. ecpg could be used as well for clients
that use ecpg.

While thinking about this, an alternative could be the network protocol
being used, tcp or unix (although the server part of the url would be
ignored for this one).

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [HACKERS] Connect string again

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
Peter T Mount writes:
> > Suggestions: sql, esql, pq, ecpg ...
>
> pq seems to be a little too short to me.
>
> I'd have thought sql, or libpq. ecpg could be used as well for clients
> that use ecpg.

How about adding things like proc since we are able to parse most of the
Oracle stuff?

> While thinking about this, an alternative could be the network protocol
> being used, tcp or unix (although the server part of the url would be
> ignored for this one).

That one makes even more sense IMO. If it's unix, the server only can be the
local host.

Michael