Обсуждение: Documentation in German??

Documentation in German??

От
"Wagner, Thomas"
Дата:
Hello, my name is Thomas and i search for a documentation of Postgresql in
German.
Can you help me by this or can you send me some links where I can find
Information's in German

Thank's Greetings

Thomas

> Thomas Wagner
> Transport & Service Automation
TEL:  +49  (0) 89  32152 -352
FAX:  +49  (0) 89  32152 -599

> KRATZER AUTOMATION AG
Carl-von-Linde-Strasse 38
D-85716 Unterschleissheim
mailto:thomas.wagner@kratzer-automation.com
http://www.kratzer-automation.com

Re: Documentation in German??

Дата:
Wagner, Thomas wrote:

> Hello, my name is Thomas and i search for a documentation of Postgresql in
> German.
> Can you help me by this or can you send me some links where I can find
> Information's in German

We have an FAQ in German at:

    http://www.us.postgresql.org/docs/faq-german.html

However, the main docs aren't translated into German.

The only other thing I know of in German is my book:

    http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html

Unfortunately, it isn't available in German online, only in print.

Re: Documentation in German??

От
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Дата:
There are some German books on the way which will be published within
the next few months.
I haven't heard of a German translation of the online docs so far. I was
thinking of doing it some time ago but I am afraid that I won't have the
time for that.

    Hans

Re: Documentation in German??

От
Robert Klein

> There are some German books on the way which will be published
> within the next few months.

Currently available is the book from Bruce and a book from Christian
Hartwig.  Two further books will be available later this year:

a)  PostgreSQL. Einfuehrung und Konzepte
    Bruce Momijan
    Addison-Wesley
    ISBN: 3827318599
    Price: EUR 44.95

b)  PostgreSQL - professionell und praxisnah
    Christian Hartwig
    Addison-Wesley
    ISBN: 3827318602
    Price: 49.95

c)  PostgreSQL
    Cornelia Boenigk
    dPunkt-Verlag
    ISBN: 3898641759
    Price: EUR 36

d)  Datenbankprogrammierung in der Praxis. Fuer Access, MS SQL Server
    und PostgreSQL
    Andreas Herbolsheimer
    Addison-Wesley
    ISBN: 3827319455
    Price: 44.95

Please note, the fourth book discusses several database systems...

> I haven't heard of a German translation of the online docs so far.
> I was thinking of doing it some time ago but I am afraid that I
> won't have the time for that.

mm, I tried to be involved in a german translation project.
Unfortunately I got rather busy about that time :(

I don't know if there are still efforts.

(Well, now that Bruce' book is available in German there's probably
not enough audience left..  I think Christian Hartwigs book is worth
an attempt as well..  Don't know about the others.)

Regards,
Robert