Обсуждение: problem installing postgres in debian8 from debian repository

problem installing postgres in debian8 from debian repository

От
Armando Perryman Morales
WARNING:  01000: could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF8":
codeset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
DETAIL:  Please report this to <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>.
LOCATION:  pg_get_encoding_from_locale, chklocale.c:389
could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF8": codeset is
"ANSI_X3.4-1968"
initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "en_US.UTF8"
Rerun initdb with the -E option.
Try "initdb --help" for more information.
Error: initdb failed
Error: could not create default cluster. Please create it manually with

1986-2016: 30 Aniversario de Softel

Re: problem installing postgres in debian8 from debian repository

Дата:
Armando Perryman Morales <perryman@softel.cu> writes:
> could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF8": codeset is
> "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
> initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "en_US.UTF8"

I believe that "ANSI_X3.4-1968" just refers to the original ASCII
standard, so this result means your system's locale data is broken.
A supposedly-UTF8 locale should surely report some spelling of "UTF8"
as its codeset.  In any case, "ANSI_X3.4-1968" is a useless response,
as there's almost no codeset in use today that's not a superset of that;
what we need to know in practice is *which* superset.

Check your locale-related packages.  I don't know exactly which those
would be on Debian.

            regards, tom lane