Обсуждение: 1.10 beta 1

1.10 beta 1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)

Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?

Ashesh; Any progress on the treeview crash issue you were looking at?

Mickael; You mentioned some additional changes a few days back. Are
they still in the pipeline?

--
Dave Page

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Mickael Deloison
Дата:
2009/3/10 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
> I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
> any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)
>
> Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?
>
> Ashesh; Any progress on the treeview crash issue you were looking at?
>
> Mickael; You mentioned some additional changes a few days back. Are
> they still in the pipeline?

I'll send them tomorrow in the afternoon (European time).

Regards,
Mickael

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
> any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)
>
> Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?

Unfortunately, no. I see how I can get the information with queries
(with psql for example). But I didn't find a way to change the query to
get the informations.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote:
I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)

Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?

Ashesh; Any progress on the treeview crash issue you were looking at?
Just sent the patch.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Mickael Deloison <mdeloison@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/10 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>> I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
>> any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)
>>
>> Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?
>>
>> Ashesh; Any progress on the treeview crash issue you were looking at?
>>
>> Mickael; You mentioned some additional changes a few days back. Are
>> they still in the pipeline?
>>

> I'll send them tomorrow in the afternoon (European time).

Thanks.

--
Dave Page

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
>> any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)
>>
>> Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?
>>

> Unfortunately, no. I see how I can get the information with queries
> (with psql for example). But I didn't find a way to change the query to
> get the informations.

OK - Ashesh, can you look at this please? There are a couple of
messages about the problem at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2009-03/msg00026.php

Thanks.

--
Dave Page

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Ashesh Vashi

Dave Page wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
I intend to build pgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 on Thursday morning. Please get
any outstanding changes committed or mailed in ASAP :-)

Guillaume; Any progress on that dependencies issue?

Unfortunately, no. I see how I can get the information with queries
(with psql for example). But I didn't find a way to change the query to
get the informations.

OK - Ashesh, can you look at this please? There are a couple of
messages about the problem at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2009-03/msg00026.php

Thanks.
sure
--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Ashesh Vashi a écrit :

> Dave Page wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, no. I see how I can get the information with queries
>>> (with psql for example). But I didn't find a way to change the query to
>>> get the informations.
>>
>> OK - Ashesh, can you look at this please? There are a couple of
>> messages about the problem at
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2009-03/msg00026.php
>>
>> Thanks.
> sure

Thanks Ashesh, that's really nice. I'm sorry I can't work on it right
now. But I you need more informations, you can ask me.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Please find the patch for the Dependency bug.

Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please find the patch for the Dependency bug.

I just checked this patch. I find disturbing that it finds a dependency
to a nextval function instead of a dependency to the sequence. Moreover,
the first table has two dependencies : on the sequence and on the
nextval function of this sequence. This patch is a first step, but I
think we need to go further.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for reviewing the patch.

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
Hi Dave,

Please find the patch for the Dependency bug
I just checked this patch. I find disturbing that it finds a dependency
to a nextval function instead of a dependency to the sequence. Moreover,
the first table has two dependencies : on the sequence and on the
nextval function of this sequence.
I think - you're right.
But, I could not find the direct dependency of the sequence on the table.
 This patch is a first step, but I think we need to go further.
Definitely, even I felt the same.
I need some guidance for it.

Could you please help on this?

Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Thanks for reviewing the patch.
>
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> Please find the patch for the Dependency bug
>> I just checked this patch. I find disturbing that it finds a dependency
>> to a nextval function instead of a dependency to the sequence. Moreover,
>> the first table has two dependencies : on the sequence and on the
>> nextval function of this sequence.
> I think - you're right.
> But, I could not find the direct dependency of the sequence on the table.
>>  This patch is a first step, but I think we need to go further.
> Definitely, even I felt the same.
> I need some guidance for it.
>
> Could you please help on this?

Here are the definition of the two tables:

CREATE TABLE t1 (id serial NOT NULL);
CREATE TABLE t2 (LIKE t INCLUDING DEFAULTS);

Quite simple. t1_id_seq must be a dependency of t2 (ie you can't drop
t1_id_seq, or t1, without dropping t2 or at least change its sequence).

With this next query, we get every pg_attrdef dependencies:

ioguix=# select * from pg_depend where classid = 2604;
 classid | objid  | objsubid | refclassid | refobjid | refobjsubid | deptype
---------+--------+----------+------------+----------+-------------+---------
    2604 | 122030 |        0 |       1259 |   122027 |           1 | a
    2604 | 122030 |        0 |       1259 |   122025 |           0 | n
    2604 | 122034 |        0 |       1259 |   122031 |           1 | a
    2604 | 122034 |        0 |       1259 |   122025 |           0 | n
(4 lignes)

This one gives us the target column (122030 and 122034 are results of
the previous query, column objid) :

ioguix=# select relname||'.'||attname
  from pg_class cl, pg_attribute att, pg_attrdef atd
  where atd.oid in (122030, 122034)
    and atd.adrelid=att.attrelid
    and atd.adnum=att.attnum
    and cl.oid=att.attrelid;
 ?column?
----------
 t1.id
 t2.id
(2 lignes)

This one gives us the referenced object (122027, 122025, 122031 are
results of the attrdef query, column refobjid) :

ioguix=# select oid, relname from pg_class where oid in (122027, 122025,
122031);
  oid   |  relname
--------+-----------
 122025 | t1_id_seq
 122027 | t1
 122031 | t2
(3 lignes)

In the first query (the attrdef one), you'll notice t1_id_seq appears
two times, one for t1.id and one for t2.id.

I don't quite know how to build a query that will give us t1_id_seq as a
dependency to t2.

I don't actually have the time to work on this right now. But it must be
something with these queries.

Hope it helps. Ping me if you need more details.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: 1.10 beta 1

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
wow - Thanks.
I think - this gives me enough idea to work on.

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
[...]

Дата:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> wow - Thanks.
> I think - this gives me enough idea to work on.

Good to see you two figuring this out - I love it when a plan comes together :-p

I'm going to go on and prepare the beta. This bug has been around for
years and never got noticed before. Another few days or so won't kill
us.

--
Dave Page

PATCH: Bug (2009-03:00026) Bug or not? (LIKE INCLUDING DEFAULTS)
От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
[Changed the subject line.]

Hi Guillaume/Dave,

Please find the patch for the same.
I have come up with this solution for the bug.

Thanks Guillaume for your suggestions and help.
It helped a lot to come up with this solution.

As I could not find a direct way to integrate the new sql with the existing
sql for the ShowDependents and ShowDependency, (as per Dave's suggestion) we
added few lines at the end of these function for the solution.

Dave Page wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Ashesh Vashi
I think - this gives me enough idea to work on.
Good to see you two figuring this out - I love it when a plan comes together :-p

I'm going to go on and prepare the beta. This bug has been around for
years and never got noticed before. Another few days or so won't kill
us.
--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com
INCLUDING DEFAULTS)
От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

Le mercredi 18 mars 2009 à 15:08:52, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>[...]
> Please find the patch for the same.
> I have come up with this solution for the bug.
>
> Thanks Guillaume for your suggestions and help.
> It helped a lot to come up with this solution.

Great :)

> As I could not find a direct way to integrate the new sql with the existing
> sql for the ShowDependents and ShowDependency, (as per Dave's suggestion)
> we added few lines at the end of these function for the solution.

OK, seems good to me.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

INCLUDING DEFAULTS)
От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks, patch applied.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Ashesh Vashi