Обсуждение: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
"Henrique P Machado"
Дата:
Hi, there.
I'd like to know if there anybody working on the localization of pgAdmin Documentation into pt-BR language.
If not, may I start working on it?

Cheers,

--
ZehRique

Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi Henrique,

Henrique P Machado a écrit :
> I'd like to know if there anybody working on the localization of pgAdmin
> Documentation into pt-BR language.
> If not, may I start working on it?

I don't know anyone working on translation pgAdmin's documentation. So,
I think you can start working on it. Keep me informed on your progress.

You can also work on the website translation if you want.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi Henrique,
>
> Henrique P Machado a écrit :
>> I'd like to know if there anybody working on the localization of pgAdmin
>> Documentation into pt-BR language.
>> If not, may I start working on it?
>>

> I don't know anyone working on translation pgAdmin's documentation. So,
> I think you can start working on it. Keep me informed on your progress.
>
> You can also work on the website translation if you want.

The website translation would be more valuable to us. Keeping the
documentation translations in sync is extremely hard wark. It's also not
something I'd recommend doing at the begining of a development cycle as
the docs are likely to get changed quite a bit.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Henrique P Machado wrote:

> OK, Dave.
> I'll put the translation process in this order:
> 1. pgAdmin site
> 2. pgAdmin 1.6.1 documentation
>
>     Regards, Dave.
>

> All right?

Sounds great to me - thanks!

Regards, Dave

Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
"Marcos Alves T. de Azevedo"
Дата:
Hi there,

Yes, I'm working on PgAdmin translation.
Recently I submit the last version to Mr. Guillaume who removed my
name from the header of the file and uploaded putting his own name.

In Brasilian Portuguese, and I think that this occur in another
languages as well, there is a many words the we cannot translate. So
77% of translation is a lot!
Some words must be in english due the lack of meaning in our language!

Thanks!

Marcos Azevedo

On 12/21/06, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Henrique P Machado wrote:
>
> > OK, Dave.
> > I'll put the translation process in this order:
> > 1. pgAdmin site
> > 2. pgAdmin 1.6.1 documentation
> >
> >     Regards, Dave.
> >

> > All right?
>
> Sounds great to me - thanks!
>
> Regards, Dave

ATENÇÃO: Não respondo mensagens de "kem ixcreve ki neim uns retardadu
mentau, flw?" Campanha pró-alfabetização

Marcos Azevedo -- PsYLinuX --> WWW.PSYLINUX.ORG
Linux user #247094 - Since 1993

Brazil - Goiás - Goiânia

@Site: www.psylinux.org
@GoogleTalk: psylinux@gmail.com
@MSN: psylinux@hotmail.com
@ICQ: 30560638
@CEL: +55 (62) 8409-4947

           "Um simples amigo te ajuda a remover um móvel. Um
            amigo de verdade te ajuda a esconder um corpo".
   E como diz nosso grande e velho amigo Chuck Norris: "Um amigo de
verdade não é aquele que separa uma briga e sim aquele que chega dando
                                voadora"

Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Marcos Alves T. de Azevedo a ecrit le 21/12/2006 16:55:
> Yes, I'm working on PgAdmin translation.
> Recently I submit the last version to Mr. Guillaume who removed my
> name from the header of the file and uploaded putting his own name.

Sorry, I didn't do it on purpose. At that time, I used poedit to check
how many strings were untranslated or fuzzy. And sometimes, I clicked on
the Save button... this put my name on many .po files. When I found
this, I stopped using poedit and used the gettext CLI tools instead.

Once again, sorry about this mistake. It really wasn't done on purpose.

> In Brasilian Portuguese, and I think that this occur in another
> languages as well, there is a many words the we cannot translate. So
> 77% of translation is a lot!
> Some words must be in english due the lack of meaning in our language!

You can put the english words in the translated part. We sometimes did
it for the french translation.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.

Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

От
"Marcos Alves T. de Azevedo"
Not a problem Guillaume, I just hope that you fix it.
-----
Name: Marcos Alves T. de Azevedo
E-mail: psylinux@gmail.com
-----

And thanks for advice, I'll do it as soon as possible!

Regards,

Marcos Azevedo