Обсуждение: help with translation..

help with translation..

От
andrej misovic
Дата:
excuse me,
but I have some problems to translate few words
into slovak, because probably, they don't exist
in our language..
so if you can, you should write me short explanation
of trigger, and cast..
thank you!
have a nice weekend.,

        andrej
--

   >>  jabber: ado@njs.netlab.cz   <<
   >>  e-mail: ado@nirvanaclub.sk  <<
// just visit> http://www.nirvanaclub.sk

Вложения

Re: help with translation..

От
andrej misovic
nice:)
yes, I will probably contact our localization team,
that what they decide to use, maybe we 'll find some translation,
or maybe it 'll be much better to don't translate that words..
thx anyway!

            andrej

Lauris Bukšis wrote:
> I have the same problem when translating to latvian. I have asked help to
> latvian IT terminilogy committee. Now I'm waiting for what thay have
> decided. I think in Slovakia there should also be such goverment
> organisation to go to. Just an idea :)
>
> Lafriks
>

>>excuse me,
>>but I have some problems to translate few words
>>into slovak, because probably, they don't exist
>>in our language..
>>so if you can, you should write me short explanation
>>of trigger, and cast..
>>thank you!
>>have a nice weekend.,
>>
>>        andrej
>>--
>>
>>   >>  jabber: ado@njs.netlab.cz   <<
>>   >>  e-mail: ado@nirvanaclub.sk  <<
>>----------------------------------------
>>// just visit> http://www.nirvanaclub.sk

--

   >>  jabber: ado@njs.netlab.cz   <<
   >>  e-mail: ado@nirvanaclub.sk  <<
// just visit> http://www.nirvanaclub.sk

Вложения

Re: help with translation..

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
> so if you can, you should write me short explanation
> of trigger, and cast..

Dear Andrej,

Translating words which belong to the SQL syntax is always hard.

The words "Trigger" and "Cast" are part of the SQL syntax CREATE CAST and
CREATE TRIGGER.  Unless there is a clear and usual translation for these
words in your language (it is not the case in French), it is recommanded to
keep the English words "Trigger" and "Cast", so that users can remember the
SQL syntax.

cast = type conversion from one type to another
See http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-createcast.html

trigger = action running upon modification/deletion/creation of a row
See http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-createtrigger.html

Do not hesitate to send me the detailed list of your questions and I will try
to answer them.

Dear Linas: are you still working on the Lithuanian translation, shall we keep
your name on the registered list?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: help with translation..

От
andrej misovic
Дата:
hello,
I just consult this also with slovak localization team,
and they that would really better to don't translate this words..
so thank you for your advice,
I'll send you update of slovak translation soon..

        andrej