Re: help with translation..

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: help with translation..
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
> so if you can, you should write me short explanation
> of trigger, and cast..

Dear Andrej,

Translating words which belong to the SQL syntax is always hard.

The words "Trigger" and "Cast" are part of the SQL syntax CREATE CAST and
CREATE TRIGGER.  Unless there is a clear and usual translation for these
words in your language (it is not the case in French), it is recommanded to
keep the English words "Trigger" and "Cast", so that users can remember the
SQL syntax.

cast = type conversion from one type to another
See http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-createcast.html

trigger = action running upon modification/deletion/creation of a row
See http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-createtrigger.html

Do not hesitate to send me the detailed list of your questions and I will try
to answer them.

Dear Linas: are you still working on the Lithuanian translation, shall we keep
your name on the registered list?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel