Обсуждение: New wx patches

New wx patches

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Hi friends,

I took a snapshot from wxWindows (-D "2003-10-10 GMT"), applied all my
patches and created a diff, and uploaded to
which is available at http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows/patches. The wx
package we're distributing should contain these patches.

These patches are required to have pgAdmin3 work correctly.
Main issues:
- gtk: clipboard
- all: font inheritance.

The second issue will allow pgAdmin3 to smoothly inherit and recalculate
all font information. Hopefully, we won't get "my dialog text is
truncated" any more.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: New wx patches

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I took a snapshot from wxWindows (-D "2003-10-10 GMT"), applied all my
> patches and created a diff, and uploaded to
> which is available at http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows/patches. The
> wx package we're distributing should contain these patches.
> The second issue will allow pgAdmin3 to smoothly inherit and
> recalculate all font information. Hopefully, we won't get "my dialog
> text is truncated" any more.

Nice! That would be really great! I think I'll be able to produce
debian's packages in the WE.
Will http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows/  finally go to
http://snake.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxWindows/ ?

regards,
Raphaël

Re: New wx patches

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Vendredi 10 Octobre 2003 17:52, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> I took a snapshot from wxWindows (-D "2003-10-10 GMT"), applied all my
> patches and created a diff, and uploaded to
> which is available at http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows/patches. The wx
> package we're distributing should contain these patches.

Fine, I will also modify wxWindows SPEC file which is broken at the moment and
produce RPMs with the needed patch.

Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: New wx patches

От
"Dave Page"

The snapshot package has now been updated.

Jean-Michel, can you update the RPMs to match this distro please.

Regards, Dave.

Re: New wx patches

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Dimanche 12 Octobre 2003 11:09, Dave Page a écrit :
> The snapshot package has now been updated.
> Jean-Michel, can you update the RPMs to match this distro please.

I am working on it. Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: New wx patches

От
Raphaël Enrici
>>I took a snapshot from wxWindows (-D "2003-10-10 GMT"),
>>applied all my patches and created a diff, and uploaded to
>>which is available at
>>http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows/patches. The wx package
>>we're distributing should contain these patches.
>>

>The snapshot package has now been updated.

Hi Dave,

IMHO we should not have two separate directories to keep trace of
wxwindows-pgadmin3 sources snaphots.
(I mean http://snake/wxwindows and http://snake/snapshots/wxWindows)
Any good reason that we do not merge the two directories ? I think it is
a source of confusion.

regards,
Raphaël

>Jean-Michel, can you update the RPMs to match this distro please.
>
>Regards, Dave.

Re: New wx patches

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Dimanche 12 Octobre 2003 19:53, Raphaël Enrici a écrit :
> IMHO we should not have two separate directories to keep trace of
> wxwindows-pgadmin3 sources snaphots.
> (I mean http://snake/wxwindows and http://snake/snapshots/wxWindows)
> Any good reason that we do not merge the two directories ? I think it is
> a source of confusion.

Sorry for the confusion.

http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows is an experimental place for building
wxWindows RPMs using "official" scripts. Unfortunately, I was not able to
make a complete build. wxWindows always fails to compile somewhere. Tomorrow,
I will rename the directory "wx_experimental".

Maybe we should move Dave binaries and Andreas patches in
http://snake.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxwindows.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: New wx patches

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Dimanche 12 Octobre 2003 19:53, Raphaël Enrici a écrit :
>

>>IMHO we should not have two separate directories to keep trace of
>>wxwindows-pgadmin3 sources snaphots.
>>(I mean http://snake/wxwindows and http://snake/snapshots/wxWindows)
>>Any good reason that we do not merge the two directories ? I think it is
>>a source of confusion.
>>

>Sorry for the confusion.

no problem. (I think I missed part of the mailing-lists discussions
during the last past weeks)

>http://snake.pgadmin.org/wxwindows is an experimental place for building
>wxWindows RPMs using "official" scripts. Unfortunately, I was not able to
>make a complete build. wxWindows always fails to compile somewhere. Tomorrow,
>I will rename the directory "wx_experimental".

who is this place destinated to ? Is it for the pgAdmin3 project only or
is it for the wxWindows team ?
If they are destinated to the wxWindows team, they should not include
andreas patches isn't it ?
wxWindows also includes debian scripts but these scripts were a real
problem (in last July when I began to work with you) for everything
concerning python. Do you want that we have a try with this on debian too ?

>Maybe we should move Dave binaries and Andreas patches in
>http://snake.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxwindows.

Think it would be a better idea if these snapshots are destinated to
pga3 only.

Thank you for your explanations Jean-Michel (kiss the eiffel tower for
me ;p).

regards,
Raphaël

Re: New wx patches

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Raphaël

The second directory doesn't exist. You probably mean ftp/wxWindows - that is mirrored by the ftp sites and thus only
containsthe releases of wx that match released versions of pgAdmin. The /wxWindows directory contains all snapshots we
publishfor development use.

Regards. Dave.