Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Alena Rybakina
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11.07.2023 16:29, Ranier Vilela wrote:
Em ter., 11 de jul. de 2023 às 09:29, Alena Rybakina <lena.ribackina@yandex.ru> escreveu:

Hi!

On 10.07.2023 15:15, Ranier Vilela wrote:
Em seg., 10 de jul. de 2023 às 09:03, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> escreveu:
Hi Alena,

Em seg., 10 de jul. de 2023 às 05:38, Alena Rybakina <lena.ribackina@yandex.ru> escreveu:
I agreed with the changes. Thank you for your work.

I updated patch and added you to the authors.

I specified Ranier Vilela as a reviewer.
Is a good habit when post a new version of the patch, name it v1, v2, v3,etc.
Makes it easy to follow development and references on the thread.

Sorry, I fixed it.
Regarding the last patch.
1. I think that variable const_is_left is not necessary.
You can stick with:
+ if (IsA(get_leftop(orqual), Const))
+ nconst_expr =get_rightop(orqual);
+ const_expr = get_leftop(orqual) ;
+ else if (IsA(get_rightop(orqual), Const))
+ nconst_expr =get_leftop(orqual);
+ const_expr = get_rightop(orqual) ;
+ else
+ {
+ or_list = lappend(or_list, orqual);
+ continue;
+ }
Agreed.
You missed in removing the declaration
- bool const_is_left = true;
Yes, thank you. I fixed it.
.

2. Test scalar_type != RECORDOID is more cheaper,
mainly if OidIsValid were a function, we knows that is a macro.
+ if (scalar_type != RECORDOID && OidIsValid(scalar_type))

Is it safe? Maybe we should first make sure that it can be checked on RECORDOID at all?
Yes it's safe, because && connector.
But you can leave as is in v5.

Added it.
--