Re: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20.02.24 12:27, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't think the first two of these proposals help anything. AIUI,
> FIPS mode is supposed to be a system wide toggle that affects
> everything on the machine. The third one might help if you can be
> compliant by just choosing not to install that extension, and the
> fourth one solves the problem by sledgehammer.
>
> Does Linux provide some way of asking whether "fips=1" was specified
> at kernel boot time?

What you are describing only happens on Red Hat systems, I think.  They
have built additional integration around this, which is great.  But
that's not something you can rely on being the case on all systems, not
even all Linux systems.