Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 vs old branches

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 vs old branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-02-06 Mo 11:13, Tom Lane wrote:
I recently moved crake to a new machine running Fedora 36, which has
OpenSSL 3.0.0. This causes the SSL tests to fail on branches earlier
than release 13, so I propose to backpatch commit f0d2c65f17 to the
release 11 and 12 branches.
Hmm ... according to that commit message,
  Note that the minimum supported OpenSSL version is 1.0.1 as of  7b283d0e1d1d79bf1c962d790c94d2a53f3bb38a, so this does not introduce  any new version requirements.

So presumably, changing this test would break it for OpenSSL 0.9.8,
which is still nominally supported in those branches.  On the other
hand, this test isn't run by default, so users would likely never
notice anyway.

On the whole, +1 for doing this (after the release freeze lifts).

Presumably we don't have any buildfarm animals running with such old versions of openssl, or they would be failing the same test on release >= 13.

I'll push this in due course.

cheers

andrew

--